Choquequirao Trek 4 Days Tour
From: 395.00 USD$
|Locations Visited||:||Choquequirao Citadel|
|Trip Style||:||Alternative inca treks|
|Length||:||4 days and 3 nights|
|Group||:||Min 6 , Max 12|
Choquequirao was build during the last days of the Inca empire in the government of the Inca Pachacutec 1490, by Tupac Inca Yapanqui, and probably after the Spanish invasion in 1532. Almost 40 years the Inca’s held stand against the spanish conquerors (between 1536 – 1572). The construction of the different levels of temples, palaces, canals and aqueducts is really fantastic. “Choquequirao is the city which demonstrates the inspiring example of an elite Inca ceremonial center. A city dedicated to worship the “Pachamama” the andean mother earth “the Apus” mountain gods and divinities, the river and the elements of nature.” Choquequirao finally burned down and left deserted. This happened probably after the execution of the last Inca, Tupac Amaru I in 1572.
By this occasion, the plaster covering the walls, carbonized and disappeared for the most part. At the east side of the complex more then 110 terraces with houses and squares are being revealed. At the west side another 170 terraces are hidden and covered by the forest, in some of these terraces can be seen now an amazing in straight line white color llamas in symetrical order, Until now only 25% is put to overdraft and conserved. With this Choquequirao is the largest Inca-town of the continent and much larger then Macchu Pichu. For the first time in 1710 they mentioned the existence of Choquequirao. The first drawings of the structure of the ruins were made about 1836 by the Frenchmen Léonce Angrand and them by Eugine Sartigues.
What is Included :
- Briefing at Hotel or Office
- Professional Bilingual Tour guide.
- Collection from hotel
- Bus from Cusco to Cachora (Trailhead) – Cusco
- Entry to Choque quirao
- Cook Horseman , Mules
- 3 breakfast, 3 Lunches, 3 Dinners
- Water supply (boiled) after every dinner or breakfast
- doble occupancy tents
- 3 nights Camping
- Dining tent , Kitchen tent
- foam sleeping mattresses note (if you want hire a comfortable air mattresses it also can be hired from us)
- First aid kit
- Vegetarian Option or special diet-Free available.
What is not Included:
- First Breakfast , last lunch and dinner
- Mineral water (boiled water provided with food but you can buy it along the way )
- Personal Horse US$ 65
- sleeping bag ( you can hire from us US$15 )
- Walking poles (you can hire from us US$15)
- 45 Lt back pack US$ 10.
- Tips for the guide,cook, horseman (arrieros) is a cusctom but not mandatory.
- PERU TRAVEL COMPANY provides a duffle bag to transport your belongings.
What you need to Take:
- Original passport.
- Hiking water proof boots ( with ankle protectors )
- Trekking poles
- Waterproof jacket or rain poncho
- Warm jacket
- Sun hat and gloves
- T-shirts / shirts
- Comfortable hiking zip off trousers
- Rain pants
- Sun protection cream ( factor 35 recommended ) sun is strong
- Insect Repellent ( for mosquitos )15 % of deet at least
- Water bottle
- Toilet paper and wet wipes
- Personal medication
- Camera and films
- Torch with spare batteries (flashlight) we recommend headlights
- Emergency money at least 200- 300 ) extra soles.(USD$ 120
- Short pants , Plaster and bandages