Humantay Lake One Day Tours
|Locations Visited||:||Humantay and Salkantay Mountain|
|Trip Style||:||Trekking Tours|
|Group||:||Min 8, Max 20|
The Humantay Lake is located in the foothills of the Humantay mountain range and is part of the entire Cordillera of Vilca Bamba. The Humantay lake is a product of the thawing of a glacier; the turquoise color is a consequence of the minerals found in it, the same ones that keep it thawed throughout the year, especially in the winter season by many peasants of the place is considered a dead lake since you cannot see animals in it and with very little flora, that is why the color is maintained over the year, making the views breathtaking, unique for those travelers who seek to capture the ideal moment for photography. Nowadays, it is popular with many travelers and can be visited every day. They can do it by a 1-day and 2-day tour or while doing the Salkantay trek in a 5 days tour.
We will pick you up from your respective hostels between 4:30 and 05:00 am then we will travel by van or bus to SORAY PAMPA (3 hours trip approx), where we will have breakfast and recharge our energy, then we will start the walk towards our destination, LAGUNA HUMANTAY height (4200 masl).
During the walk we can appreciate the imposing APU HUMANTAY and SALKANTAY (the apus are divinities, protectors in the Inca period and until our times) the walk takes from 1 to 1:20 hours, after having enjoyed the beauty of the turquoise lake HUMANTAY we will return to SORAY PAMPA where we will have lunch and finally we will return to Cusco; arriving between 06:00 pm and 07:00 pm.
- Pick up from your hostels in Cusco.
- Mountain guide (english and spanish)
- Transport from Cusco to Soraypampa (beginning of trek) and back
- Breakfast (continental) y Lunch
- Entrance to the Humantay Lake
- First aid kit equipment (incl. O2)
- First Aid kit
- Vegetarian Option or special diet-Free available.
- Trekking poles US$ 15.00 a pair
- extra horse
- Energy snacks will be very useful as chocolate bars, dried fruits
- entrance fee of Salkantay park
- Hiking water proof boots ( with ankle protectors )
- Trekking poles metal tips are allowed on the trail
- Waterproof jacket or rain poncho
- Warm jacket
- Sun hat and gloves
- T-shirts / shirts
- Comfortable hiking zip off trousers
- Rain pants
- Bathing suit (for hot springs in Aguas Calientes)
- Sun protection cream ( factor 35 recommended ) sun is strong
- Insect Repellent ( for mosquitos )15 % of deet at least
- Water bottle
- Toilet paper and wet wipes
- Personal medication
- Camera and films
- Short pants , Plaster and bandages
useful informations :
4.30/5. Am, Hotal/Hostal
7. am Breakfast
9. am begin hike ~ 2h up, 30min-1h break, ~1h down
12. /13h Lunch (veg. possible)
17/18h back in Cusco – “Plaza de Armas”