Humantay Lake One Day Tours
|Locations Visited||:||Humantay and Salkantay Mountain|
|Trip Style||:||Trekking Tours|
|Group||:||Min 8, Max 20|
Humantay lake is one day tour that leaves avery day from cusco, nestled along the famous Salkantay trek. walking onto one of Peru’s most magical lakes and be surrounded by the impressive Salkantay and Humantay Peaks while gazing at unbelievable turquoise water. Enjoy a hot breakfast prior to getting to the trail head, snacks for along the way, a wonderful lunch prepared by a chef in a dining tent with table and chairs, private transportation to and from your hotel in Cusco, a fluent English speaking guide, and all proper first aid and emergency oxygen to ensure a safe journey.
Lake Humantay – 4200 m.a.l – between the snowy giants Salkantay and Humantay.
You will start your trip early in the morning (4: 30/5: 00am) in front of your Hostel / Hotel where our Tour Gide will pick you up with a Van.
On the way, you will have a stop to have breakfast (continental style) in Mollepata. (around 7.am)
Finally, with the energy of the food, it stops at Soraypampa at 3920 m.a. (around 09:00 a.m.) where the hike begins to the highest point of the trek , passing through the magical landscapes of the Andes Mountains.
Surely you will be impressed with the panoramic view, this turquoise lake at 4200 m.a.s.l . near an amazing glaciers.
Almost at noon you will have your lunch (vegetarian option possible) in the same breakfast place in Mollepata and then, the Van will be waiting for us, to take you back to cusco ( main square ) end of the tour
- Pick up from your hostels in Cusco.
- Mountain guide (english and spanish)
- Transport from Cusco to Soraypampa (beginning of trek) and back
- Breakfast (continental) y Lunch
- Entrance to the Humantay Lake
- First aid kit equipment (incl. O2)
- First Aid kit
- Vegetarian Option or special diet-Free available.
- Trekking poles US$ 15.00 a pair
- extra horse
- Energy snacks will be very useful as chocolate bars, dried fruits
- entrance fee of Salkantay park
- Hiking water proof boots ( with ankle protectors )
- Trekking poles metal tips are allowed on the trail
- Waterproof jacket or rain poncho
- Warm jacket
- Sun hat and gloves
- T-shirts / shirts
- Comfortable hiking zip off trousers
- Rain pants
- Bathing suit (for hot springs in Aguas Calientes)
- Sun protection cream ( factor 35 recommended ) sun is strong
- Insect Repellent ( for mosquitos )15 % of deet at least
- Water bottle
- Toilet paper and wet wipes
- Personal medication
- Camera and films
- Short pants , Plaster and bandages
useful informations :
4.30/5. Am, Hotal/Hostal
7. am Breakfast
9. am begin hike ~ 2h up, 30min-1h break, ~1h down
12. /13h Lunch (veg. possible)
17/18h back in Cusco – “Plaza de Armas”