Inca Jungle Trek 3 Days Tour
|Locations Visited||:||Inca Trail and Machu picchu Citadel|
|Trip Style||:||Alternative inca treks|
|Length||:||3 Days and 2 Nights|
|Group||:||Min 8, Max 16|
Why book 3 days Inca Jungle Trek with Peru Travel Company?
3 days Inca Jungle Trek with Peru Travel Company is cheap, because we are direct tour operator and we don’t receive a commission for each tour !
- We are local people, we work with local people which want to share and discover with you the land of incas.
- Unique & Expert tours treks & cultural & jungle.
- We are an authorized agency. We don’t refer our clients in another agency.
- Our tours are ecologicals, sustainables, and responsibles for all Peru.
- 10% discount in restaurants locals for the last lunch and supper after the Machu Picchu’s visit.
- Private transport to MollePata village (beginning of the trek).
BASIC PRICE for 3 days / 2 nights – US$ 150 for adults (students/ISIC cardholder US$ 120)
The final price depends on which means of transport you choose to come back at Cuzco. You can purchase your own transport train and return to Cusco. If you want to buy train tickets and transportation, let us know!
Choose one of these options:
- 16:22 pm train (US$ 70) + Bus back to Cusco = US$ 230 final price (students/ISIC cardholder ISIC CARD US$ 210 )
- 18:20 pm train (US$ 70 ) + Bus back to Cusco = US$ 230 final price (students/ISIC cardholder ISIC CARD US$ 210 )
- 21:50 pm train (US$ 60 ) + Bus back to Cusco = US$ 220 final price (students/ISIC cardholder ISIC CARD US$ 200 )
option, way back by car from hydroelectric power station to Cusco, economical price US$ 20 final price US$ 180
Let us know before the tour!
- Huayna Picchu mountaim US$ 20 (students/ISIC cardholder US$ 20)
- Machu Picchu mountain US$ 20 (students/ISIC cardholder US$ 20)
- Zip Line in Santa Teresa US$ 25
- Rafting in Santa Maria US$ 25
INCA JUNGLE TREK is one of the alternative trek that ends in machu picchu this route is becoming more famous by the influx of people every day , along the route you can be done various adventure activities such as biking, rafting, zip line and trekking & Machu Picchu , we will spend the nights in a nice basic hostels with some cold and hot shower and good hot springs.
DAY 01: CUSCO -ABRA MALAGA -SANTA MARIA .
Inca jungle trek, adventurers, will be picked up from 07:30 am and driven through the most beautiful sacred valley of the incas, the center of the inca civilization and dropped off at the 4,316 m high Abra Malaga . here the inka jungle adventurers will change in to the kit provided by Peru Travel Company (gloves,elbow pads,knee pads , hemets ) following a 20 minute briefing by our tour guide . then the fun and adventure starts ,freewheeling down quiet but challenging roads, passing by diferents ecological levels tipical of the cloud forest and ice capped mountains , after 3 hours of biking , we arrive to the small arqueological site call Huaman Marca here you will have a good lunch then will have a short van ride that takes you to santa maria.
* optional rafting in santa maria US$ 25.00
Once we get to santa maria , our rafting guide will be waiting ready to start a new adventure .this exciting journey will start in CHAULLAY bridge, doing a journey of 2 hours through the Vilcanota Sacred River, there we will see beautiful landscapes, finding rapids of nomination 3 and 4 (dry season) becoming then a very exciting and awesome journey, here we will always have a safety kayak, to provide the security we need. Once the journey is done, a bus will be waiting for us to go back to Santa Maria then Santa Teresa where we will have dinner and spend our first night in a local family house.
The rapids in this part of the river are considered some of the best in Cusco and the warm weather makes this tour and unforgettable experience.
- Meals: Lunch, Dinner.
- Accommodation : Family House
- Maximum Altitude:4,350 m/14,267 ft
- Minimum Altitude:1430, m/4,676 ft
- Distance biked:48 km approx
- Approximate Rafting Time:2-3 hours
DAY 02 : SANTA TERESA – HIDROLECTRIC – AGUAS CALIENTES TOWN
this day you have two option; you can either walk from santa teresa to aguas calientes (11 kilometres total ) or do a zip line tour in the morning (with transport to the hidrolectrica station ) and walk the final 7 kilometres . what ever option you choose ? .the gruop will meet again in the hidrolectrica station .for having lunch and after we will walk 3 hours along the train track to aguas calientes town . where we are going to sleep at hostel and have dinner then get briefing about the guided tour in machupicchu for the following day and you have option to visit the aguas calientes hot springs (10 soles entry )
- Meals:Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner.
- Accommodation: Hostel
- Maximum Altitude:2100 m/ 6,867 ft
- Minimum Altitude:1800 m/ 5,886 ft
- Distance Travelled :12 km approx
- Approximate Walking Time:5-6 hours / Ascent up: 200 m
DAY 03: MACHUPICCHU (visit to the Inka citadel)
At 04:00 am, the group have to wake up to be ready to hike up to the inca citadel of machu picchu, the hiking starts by following the bus road for about 20 min then take a short trail that goes up to the arqueological site of machu picchu , having the amazing opportunity to see the sun rising after registration in the main entrance of machu picchu which is open at 06:00 am, as soon as we are walking around inca citadel of machu picchu, the guide will explain about the inca history and share everything he knows , the guiding tour takes 2 hours approximately then you will have free time to visit and walk by your self, having account the returning train schedule, if you have enough time you can climb the most famous Huayna picchu mountain or Machu picchu Mountain where you can see the inca citadel at all its explendor then by the afternoon , you can take a bus or walk back down to aguas calientes , to get on board touristic train toward ollantaytambo then you will be pick up in touristic bus back to cusco city .
- Maximum Altitude:2,450 m / 8,011 ft
- Minimum Altitude:2,100 m/ 8,867 ft
- Distance Travelled: 9 km approx
- Approximate Walking Time:1- hours / Ascent up: 350 m
What is Included:
- Inca Jungle Trek Briefing at Hotel or Office * Let us know where are you going to stay in cusco.
- Professional Bilingual guides.
- Collection from hotel * from 7:00 am to 8:00 am.
- 2 breakfast, 2 Lunches,2 Dinners ( In local Restaurants)
- 1 nights Family house and 1 Hostel Accommodation.
- Entrance fee to Machu Picchu • International Student Identity card (ISIC) if applicable. green card.
- Bike front Suspension gloves, helmet, Elbow and knee pads, Jackets.
- First Aid kit
- Vegetarian Option or special diet-Free available.
What is not Included :
- Breakfast day 1 and lunch, Dinner 3 Day
- Cold Water and Snacks
- Rafting in Santa Maria US$ 25
- Zip Line in Santa Teresa US$ 25
- Hot Spring in Santa Teresa (s/5) and in Aguas Calientes (s/10)
- Huayna Picchu Mountain US$15 and Machu Picchu Mountain US$ 10
- Bus tickets round Trip from Aguas Calientes to Machupicchu.
- Travel and health insurance.( bring copies with you please) :PERU TRAVEL COMPANY highly recommend to get an insurance of trip cancellation / interruption insurance to protect your travel investment. Included with your pre-departure package, bring your travel insurance to cover trip cancellation, interruption, baggage loss and delay, emergency medical evacuation insurance and emergency medical expense insurance.
What you need to Take:
- A small Backpack at least 30 lt
- Original passport , don’t forget to get MACHU PICCHU stamp!!
- International Student Identity card (ISIC) if applicable. green card if you are student )
- Travel Insurance is essential
- hiking boots, Sandals or Flip Flops
- Water proof jacket, Rain Poncho, T-shirts, Shorts pants ,Comfortable trousers
- Sun hat, Sun Block , Sunglasses
- Insect repellent 15 % of deet at least – no malaria risk reported
- Toilet Paper and wet wipes
- Personal Medication
- Camera , films, Batteries, flashlight or Headlamp ( it is useful for early mornings )
- Plasters and bandages
- Sandals Bathing suit for hot springs in Santa Teresa and Aguas Calientes )
- Emergency money at least 200- 300 ) extra soles.(USD$ 120)
- Walking poles (with rubber tips) they can also be hired from us (walking poles are not allowed into Machu Picchu citadel.)
What Is The Difference Between Huayna Picchu/Machu Picchu Mountain?
Huayna Picchu is the mountain located at the northwest end of the ruins and Machu Picchu mountain is located at the southwest end. Huayna Picchu is steeper, but more popular and has some interesting archeological ruins at the top. Machu Picchu mountain is a longer trek, less steep and less crowded and offers great views over Machu Picchu. Check this amazing link out for views from the Huayna Picchu mountain and Machu Picchu mountain (it will open with the Huayna Picchu mountain, click on the right side of the picture and the other views will open).
see virtual video ( click here )
How Long Is The Walk From Aguas Calientes To Machu Picchu?
The hike up to Machu Picchu takes around an hour up and 45 minutes to go down.
How Hard Is The Hike From Aguas Calientes To Machu Picchu?
The trail is comprised of stairs and is fairly steep, but taken slowly should not be a problem for most people.
How Long Is The Hike From Machu Picchu Up To Huayna Picchu?
The trail takes about 45 minutes to 1 hour to climb up and about 30 minutes to get down.
How Hard Is The Hike To Huayna Picchu?
The trail is very steep and can be crowded. People who have trouble with vertigo may not enjoy this trek.
What Is The Best Time To Hike Huayna Picchu?
We recommend the 10:00 – 11:00am entry time as it is more flexible with tours and allows travelers a more relaxed experience at the ruins.
When Does Machu Picchu Open/Close?
The ruins open at 6:00am and closes at 5:00pm.
How Long Do Most People Spend On machu picchu?
The majority of people will spend about 6 to 7 hrs in Machu Picchu.
Why booking with peru travel company ?
we are direct operators that means we do not pass onto another tour company , we own our own transports, bikes and equipment meaning the tour is well organized and the service is better. Better biking gear is also provided including full-face helmet, gloves, elbow and knee protection, and jackets.
Pickup is early, at 6:30am, allowing for extra time for a short break in Ollantaytambo, safer and quieter roads for biking and an early arrival to Santa Maria for lunch and rafting.
White water rafting in Santa Maria is exclusive with our tour operator meaning it is better controled for safety, maximum 6 passengers per boat and always an accompanying safety boat or kayak.